Putting our best to work for you.
At Anthony Ostlund, we understand that employment claims can significantly disrupt your livelihood and shake the core of your business. We are here to help.
We represent both plaintiffs and defendants in high-stakes employment matters. Our lawyers have successfully represented clients in employment litigation in state and federal courts as well as before the National Labor Relations Board, Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, Department of Labor, Minnesota Department of Human Rights, in FINRA and AAA arbitrations, and before regulatory and administrative agencies. We bring a creative, multi-disciplinary approach to employment claims and develop a unique litigation strategy depending on the client’s personal or business objectives.
While our attorneys are ready to take your case to court, we recognize that sometimes the best defense against employment claims is simply well-reasoned advice. In addition to aggressive courtroom advocacy, we advise our clients on a variety of employment matters with the goal of avoiding litigation altogether.
We represent clients in employment contract matters and compensation disputes as well as in connection with whistleblower, discrimination, and harassment claims brought under federal and state employment laws. For example:
- Obtained a summary dismissal of a whistleblower claim in its entirety in the face of the allegations of thousands of reports of illegal conduct; successfully defended the judgment on appeal. Read more
- Convinced plaintiff to voluntarily dismiss race, age and gender discrimination case against Minnesota-based technology retailer following deposition of plaintiff’s key witness.
- Obtained dismissal of a $6 million employment claim brought by former executive of a Phoenix-based bank.
- Negotiated a favorable settlement for a software consulting company and its CEO who faced allegations of sexual harassment.
- Resolved discrimination and breach of contract claims in favor of a surgeon at a nationally-respected hospital.