A cost-effective yet aggressive approach to protecting your assets.
Lawsuits involving complex financial issues require zealous litigators who understand the heavily-regulated banking industry. Our determined and driven trial attorneys take great care to stay abreast of industry developments. We put our knowledge and trial experience to work for our clients and push hard to ensure that the litigation strategy matches our client’s business goals.
Whether you are facing a multi-million dollar transaction gone wrong, a regulatory banking action, or other claim against officers or directors of a financial institution, or another kind of banking dispute, let Anthony Ostlund put its nationwide experience in banking litigation to work for you.
Contact one of our lawyers at 612-349-6969.
Anthony Ostlund regularly represents banks, financial institutions, and banking industry professionals in disputes in Minnesota and across the United States, such as:
- Obtained complete defense award from three-judge arbitration panel for loan guarantors sued on a $9 million claim.
- Successfully defended 22 officers and directors of a failed bank against a $77 million claim brought by the FDIC, as receiver. Anthony Ostlund’s clients resolved the matter without any regulatory action against them and with no individual payment. Payment was made by the insurance carrier for less than the projected cost of defense.
- Obtained a $726,000 jury verdict for a bank following a six-day jury trial over claims to enforce a security interest in the intellectual property of a defaulting owner.
- Assisted an Arizona-based bank in obtaining insurance coverage related to a $25 million fraud perpetuated against the bank by its mortgage servicing contractor.
- Obtained summary judgment dismissal of an $18 million claim brought by U.S. Bank against alleged individual personal guarantors.
- Obtained a nearly $1 million jury verdict for Minnesota-based Maple Bank against Alliance Bank for breach of a participation agreement.